- The meeting of the Town of Hay River Board was called to order at 6:58 p.m. by Chairman Hitz & verified legally posted. Board members in attendance: Russ Hitz, Ned Hahn & Cindy Hoff.
- GFL Representative presented a new contract for Solid Waste/Recycling which the board signed. Contract pricing remains the same as current pricing.
- The Clerk read the minutes of the June meeting. Hahn moved to approve the minutes with one name correction, seconded by Hoff. Carried 3-0.
- Treasurer’s report was given by Sue. She reported $14,509.60 in Checking, $61,708.49 in Special Funds, $20,267.70 in Money Market, $180,646.33 in the Tax Account, $11,224.93 in Machine & Equipment, and $19,714.89 in the Solid Waste account for a grand total of $308,071.94. Currently there are 182 dogs licensed in the Town. Outstanding Personal Property Tax due of $331.57 which Dunn County will take over soon. Treasurer’s report was approved by motion of Hoff, seconded by Hahn. Carried 3-0.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
- Equipment/Repairs: Tension pulley & belt for grader& new wear plates for the mower. Grader wing update=looks like the wrong part was sent but Jeremy is working with Monroe Truck to resolve. Fluid and filter were changed in the mower.
- Building/Grounds: Concrete looks like its settled in front of the middle ship door, there is a significant gap when the door is closed. Bulletin boards are in rough shape and need to be replaced or resealed as water is entering.
- Road Projects: Chip seal projects should be completed in the next two weeks. Wirth Brothers is expected to gravel 980th Ave soon. County will likely do blacktop and paver patch projects at the same time, no date from them yet. Jeremy informed the board that Dunn County will charge $200 per mile to spray ditches for wild parsnip-Town should plan to budget for that in 2023 as its more cost effective than purchasing equipment and obtaining chemical spraying certification.
- Update from Plan Commission: Received letter from Dunn County to rezone Lorenz parcel to General AG.
- CSM Reviews and Approvals: Board approved Hagen CSM by motion of Hitz, seconded by Hahn. Carried 3-0.
- Building Permits: Reviewed permits.
- Dept of Rev asked what our plans are for the ARPA Special Funds.
- Election: Board approved the following poll workers for the August Primary: Samantha Bird, Michelle Drury and Susan Maves by motion of Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
- Clerk presented vouchers and checks for approval and signatures, motion to approve payables made by Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
- Next regular meeting will be August 8, 2022 at 7:00pm. Clerk to include new SW/Recycling hire on August Agenda
- Regular meeting was motioned to adjourn at 8:32pm by Hoff, seconded Hahn. Carried 3-0.
Dated this 5th day of August, 2022
Samantha Bird, Clerk