Regular Board Meeting
TOWN OF HAY RIVER MINUTES
August 8, 2022
- The meeting of the Town of Hay River Board was called to order at 6:59 p.m. by Chairman Hitz
& verified legally posted. Board members in attendance: Russ Hitz, Ned Hahn & Cindy Hoff.
- The Clerk read the minutes of the July meeting. Hahn moved to approve the minutes, seconded
by Hoff. Carried 3-0.
- Treasurer’s report was given by Sue. She reported $38,600.74 in Checking, $61,729.79 in
Special Funds, $57,026.79 in Money Market, $140,798.31 in the Tax Account, $11,227.31 in
Machine & Equipment, and $19,719.08 in the Solid Waste account for a grand total of
$329,102.02. Currently there are 182 dogs licensed, Sue will be starting the dog listing soon.
Outstanding Personal Property Tax due of $331.57 which Dunn County will take over soon.
Treasurer’s report was approved by motion of Hoff, seconded by Hahn. Carried 3-0.
- CSM Reviews & Approvals: Survey for Richard Lee was presented and approved by motion of
Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
- Solid Waste/Recycling New Hire: Chairman announced Sean Otto as the On-Call Site Worker.
Clerk presented employment contract to Sean and the board for signatures.
- Equipment/Repairs: Grader wing issue is not resolved yet-Jeremy is in contact with Monroe
Truck. Nothing else to report.
- Building/Grounds: Jeremy resealed the Town bulletin boards with weatherstripping & sprayed
them with insect repellant. He also asked the Town if they are planning to bring broadband
internet into the Town Hall, and that they should consider where they would like the line to run,
- Road Projects: Chip seal projects are done. Both culverts on 1210th and 330th Street are in. Wirth
is done hauling gravel on 980th
-Dunn County will grade once more before they blacktop.
Washout on 370th will be patched at the same time.
10.Update from Plan Commission: No citizen issues/pending projects. Plan Commission is in dire
need of active members.
11.Building Permits: None.
a. Clerk distributed Town Survey Results to the Board. Treasurer is to post them to the
Town Website; Clerk will post some in each Town Bulletin Board for residents to take a
copy home. Please call the Clerk if the bulletins are out of copies.
13.Clerk presented vouchers and checks for approval and signatures. Motion to approve payables
by Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
14.Next regular meeting will be TUESDAY September 6, 2022, at 7:00pm.
15.Regular meeting was motioned to adjourn at 8:19 pm by Hahn, seconded by Hoff. Carried 3-0.
Dated this 17th day of August 2022
Samantha Bird, Clerk