Regular Meeting of the Board
May 8, 2023
- Meeting called to order at 7:00pm & verified legally posted by Drury.
- Badger Book presentation with County Clerk. Motion to purchase two Badger Books for a total of $2,180.48 made by Drury, seconded by Lake, carried 3-0.
- CSM-Clark: Motion to approve made by Lake, seconded by Retz, carried 3-0.
- The minutes of the April regular meeting were read and approved by motion of Lake, seconded by Drury, carried 3-0.
- Clerk Report: updated Board with various reports filed, calls taken.
- Treasurer’s Report. Karen stated that upon an audit of all transactions dated Jan 1 to April 30, 2023, all accounts balance with the bank statements. Clerk will duplicate check vouchers for Treasurer. Motion to approve Treasurer’s report made by Lake, second Retz, carried 3-0.
- Review building permits issued/inspection reports:
- Dyer Driveway-approved
- Gordon Kolkind field driveway permit approved. Permit fees received.
- Equipment repairs/tools/purchases:
- Nothing to report.
- Buildings & Grounds:
- Door lock occasionally doesn’t unlock, Jeremy to make copy of master keys. Michelle will purchase new locks & return the current faulty one.
- Shop Door #1 is rusting-Jeremy to get a quote on replacement with Todd Stuart – Door Depot.
- Shop Door #2 has a gap. Jeff will reach out to get bid on concrete work to fix the sunken concrete in front of the shop.
- Fixed air hose reel.
- Michelle to purchase interior locking door handles.
- Road Projects/Reports: Annual Road Inspection Findings
- Cold mix currently $86.74/ton-Monarch doesn’t have any until June.
- 1010th Ave-spray patch & chip seal $39,000
- 450th & 1050th Ave-spray patch, crack fill & chip seal $37650
- 520th Ave-asphalt * BRIDGE PETITION* $4626.50
- 510th St-spray patch & chip seal $12,400
- 390th gravel $32,260-table for now.
- 370th – gravel $4650
- 520th & S 1170th-1.5 miles: at least 3 loads cold mix to patch $7-8,000.
- 980th culvert-exposed on the corner. Grader patch & move culvert further up to eliminate corner culvert.
- 1170th-grader patch.
- 1130th-8 loads *estimated* for grader patch.
Motion to approve 4 Estimates from Dunn County: 510th St $12,400, 450/1050th $37,650, 1010th $39,000 and 520th $4,626.50 by Lake, seconded Retz, carried 3-0.
- Plan Commission: Discussed need for Commission and decided not to continue with the Plan Commission and will address the need in the future should the need arise.
- Motion to approve the Final Reconciled 2022 Annual Report by Drury, seconded by Retz, carried 3-0.
- ARPA Funds: Tabled until June meeting.
- Discuss Part Time help: tabled until June meeting.
- Website: .gov Clerk will get quote from TownWeb: tabled until June meeting.
- Motion to set first BOR May 31 at 6, made by Retz, seconded by Lake, carried 3-0. Open book July 18 and BOR July 25 from 5-7pm motion by Drury, second by Lake, carried 3-0.
- Communication/Correspondence passed for review.
- Comments from the public for discussion purposes only: Sean Otto (resident and solid waste employee) inquired about adding another dumpster and possibly opening Wednesday 3-7pm.
- The Clerk presented vouchers & checks for approval. Motion to approve payables 14840-14865 & 4 EFTs by Drury, seconded by Lake, carried 3-0.
- Next regular Board Meeting set for Monday, June 12th at 7:00pm
- Mileage Rate
- ARPA Funds
- Records Retention
- VOID stale checks-Clerk to print report of outstanding checks.
- Adjourn at 10:08pm by motion of Retz, seconded by Drury, carried 3-0.
Samantha Bird, Clerk