Regular Meeting of the Board
February 13, 2023
- Meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Hitz & verified legally posted. Board members in attendance were Russ Hitz & Cindy Hoff.
- The minutes of the December regular & January Closing of the Books meetings were read. The following corrections are to be made for December minutes: Budget hearing lines 16 & 17 to be removed as it was carried over from November, as well as line 18 regarding Solid Waste Newsletter. Motion to approve the corrected minutes made by Hoff, seconded by Hitz. Carried 2-0. Motion to approve January Closing of the Books made by Hoff, seconded by Hitz, carried 2-0.
- The treasurer’s report was read & approved by motion of Hoff, seconded by Hitz, carried 2-0.
- CSM for Heifner was reviewed and motioned to approve by Hoff, seconded by Hitz, carried 2-0.
- Discussion about having Charter internet ran into the Town Hall. It would be $72.98 per month. Motion to install wireless internet in the Town Hall made by Hitz, seconded by Hoff, carried 2-0.
- Equipment repairs/tools/purchases: Check engine light came on in the plow truck-Jeremy confirmed it needs new fuel filters and is covered under warranty. The backup sensor was replaced, and heated wipers will also be installed on the plow truck. Two new tires and two sets of chains, as well as two batteries were purchased for the grader.
- Buildings & Grounds: Patrolman hauled 210 tons of salt/sand to the shop and will try to haul as much as possible for the remainder of the week to get the Town through winter.
- Road Projects: Road inspection will be scheduled with the incoming Town Board after the election.
- No Plan Commission updates to report.
- Reviewed building permits issued/inspection reports. Signed annual contract with Weber Inspections by motion of Hitz, seconded by Hoff, carried 2-0.
- Communication/Correspondence: review & share email/mail, meetings, training, and upcoming meetings.
- Comments from the public for discussion purposes only. NONE
- Motion to approve payables made by Hoff, seconded by Hitz, carried 2-0.
- Next Regular Board Meeting will be March 13, 2023 at 7:00pm.
- Motion to adjourn at 7:53pm by motion of Hoff, seconded by Hitz, carried 2-0.
Samantha Bird, Clerk