Town of Hay River
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
December 12, 2022
- Meeting called to order at 7:00p.m. and verified legally posted by Chairman Hitz. Board members in
attendance are Russ Hitz, Ned Hahn, Cindy Hoff.
- Minutes of the November meeting were approved pending the following corrections: include the
motion to approve Treasurer’s Report & include new approved mileage reimbursement rate. Motion
by Hahn, seconded Hoff. Carried 3-0.
- Treasurer’s report shows $58,339.46 in Checking, $61,849.21 in Special Funds, $44,652.90 in Money
Market, $1,099.57 in Tax Account, $11,240.19 in Machine & Equipment, and $20,897.65 in Solid Waste
for a grand total of $198,078.98. There are a total of 187 dogs licensed for 2022. Small Claims past due
amount of $450 was collected from a 2012 Fire Call. Property tax bills have been mailed. Tax Collection
will take place at the Town Hall on Jan 21st & 28th from 8-11am. Treasurer’s report approved by motion
of Hoff, seconded by Hahn. Carried 3-0.
- CSM Reviews & Approvals: No CSMs to review.
- Equipment repairs, tools, purchases: Nothing to report.
- Buildings & Grounds: Nothing to report.
- Road Projects: nothing to report.
- Update from Plan Commission: nothing to report.
- Reviewed building permits issued/inspection reports.
- Communication/Correspondence: Assessor asked to schedule Open Book & BOR, Clerk will check
- Comments from the public for discussion purposes only.
a. Resident Bob Retz inquired about broadband for the 4 dead ends North of Hwy N-Charter is
unable to provide that service as the FCC is in control of which company gets that service.
Nothing new to report regarding broadband.
- Caucus is set for January 21, 2023 at 1:00pm.
- Special Closed Meeting for Employee Performance Review scheduled for January 10th at 7pm.
- Closing of the Books is scheduled for January 21, 2023 at 11:30am.
- Motion to approve payables by motion of Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
- Next regular Board Meeting is February 13, 2023 at 7pm.
- Motion to adjourn Regular Meeting made by Hoff at 8:01pm, seconded by Hahn, carried 3-0.
Dated this 5
th day of January 2023
Samantha Bird, Cler