TOWN OF HAY RIVER MINUTES
October 10, 2022
- The meeting of the Town of Hay River Board was called to order at 7:01 p.m. by Chairman Hitz
& verified legally posted. Board members in attendance: Russ Hitz, Ned Hahn & Cindy Hoff.
- Minutes: Clerk read the minutes of the September meeting. Chairman made a correction
regarding the driveway permit for Lot 21 that it was REVIEWED, not approved. Hahn moved to
approve the minutes with the correction, seconded by Hoff. Carried 3-0.
- Treasurer’s Report: Sue reported $9,413.93 in Checking, $61,785.96 in Special Funds,
$17,843.86 in Money Market, $172877.61 in the Tax Account, $11,233.39 in Machine &
Equipment, and $20,885.00 in the Solid Waste account for a grand total of $294039.75.
Currently there are 183 dogs licensed, Dog Listing is complete and was sent to the County 9-19-
- Outstanding Personal Property on Leased Land (PPLL)-County Treasurer is looking into
how we can collect prior years and will be in touch with that information. Treasurer Hitz also
received an updated invoice from Dunn County for outstanding PPLL that was collected by the
Township with no record of payment to Dunn County. Motion to pay Dunn County in the
amount of $773.76 made by Hahn, seconded Hoff, carried 3-0. Treasurer’s report was approved
by motion of Hoff, seconded by Hahn, carried 3-0.
- CSM Reviews & Approvals: The Board reviewed a survey for Emmert & Sons to split existing
parcel into separate parcels. Motion to approve the survey made by Hahn, seconded by Hoff,
- Equipment/Repairs: Jeremy purchased blades for the grader and will be taking the mower off the
tractor as the new tractor is ready for delivery. Clerk will add new tractor to insurance.
- Building/Grounds: H & H will bring the riser and padlock for the septic cover on 10/11/2022.
Jeremy completed three passes of mowing in the ditches and is currently hauling salt/sand mix.
- Road Projects: Paving, shoulder and patch jobs are done. Jeremy will shoulder 350th. Dunn
County spray patched a section of 304th Street in Hay River-Clerk to watch for accidental billing
and will not pay. Jeremy suggests the Board consider spray patching because it does work well
and should consider it for 2023 Road Projects.
- Update from Plan Commission: NO MEETING.
- Building Permits: Board was presented permits for review, no issues to act or report on.
a. Dunn County Humane Society mailed the annual Municipal contract, the Board signed
and returned the contract by motion of Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
11.Budget: Board reviewed and discussed 2023 Draft Budget. Clerk will work with Michelle
Drury to finalize budget for November Budget Hearing.
- Solid Waste rate for 2023 was set at $90 per household by motion of Hahn, seconded Hoff,
carried 3-0. Clerk shared that Village of Boyceville Dump is willing to be a friendly neighbor
and accept Hay River residents to dispose of acceptable materials at their dump site, following
their fee schedule.
13.Comments from the public for discussion purposes only: Resident Bob Retz asked about
changing Board/Clerk email addresses to a .gov domain-Clerk said that this is what most
municipalities are moving towards, and there is discussion on making it mandatory but that is
not yet the case. Bob also asked about the liability for the Town to mow in the County right of
way, discussion followed. Clarification was asked about who will put things on the Town
website; at this time Treasurer Hitz will maintain the website. Chairman Hitz said that
Wisconsin Towns Association told him the County Clerk was not correct with the statute and
that it doesn’t matter who posts to the website. Bob also voiced concern over the agendas not
being available sooner-Clerk will try to send the Agenda to Treasurer Hitz to post to the website
one week prior, but Agendas are subject to change until the Friday prior to the meeting.
14.Clerk presented vouchers and checks for approval and signatures. Motion to approve payables
by Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
- The next regular meeting is November 14, 2022, at 6:30pm with the Budget Hearing at 8:00pm,
and a possible reconvene by motion of Hahn, seconded Hoff. Carried 3-0.
16.Regular meeting was motioned to adjourn at 9:55 pm by Hahn, seconded by Hoff. Carried 3-0.
Dated this 27th day of October 2022
Samantha Bird, Clerk