- The meeting of the Town of Hay River Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Hitz
& verified legally posted. Board members in attendance: Russ Hitz, Ned Hahn & Cindy Hoff.
- Minutes: Clerk read the minutes of the August meeting. Hahn moved to approve the minutes,
seconded by Hoff. Carried 3-0.
- Treasurer’s Report: Sue reported $8,980.51 in Checking, $61,757.70 in Special Funds,
$17,189.10 in Money Market, $220,736.37 in the Tax Account, $11,230.36 in Machine &
Equipment, and $20,249.43 in the Solid Waste account for a grand total of $340,143.47.
Currently there are 183 dogs licensed, Dog Listing is in process. Outstanding Personal Property
Tax due of $331.57 which Dunn County will take over soon. Treasurer’s report was approved
by motion of Hoff, seconded by Hahn. Carried 3-0.
- CSM Reviews & Approvals: The Board reviewed a survey for Emmert & Sons to split existing
parcel into two parcels. Motion to approve the survey made by Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
- Equipment/Repairs: Grader wing was picked up to be refabricated to the correct specs by
Monroe Truck. Patrolman needs to order two grader blades. Grapple will not be in until the end
of the year however Tractor Central said that the tractor will be in before November.
- Building/Grounds: Jeremy ordered two signs and poles for 1170th & 450th because they were
stolen and was advised that the riser and cover for the septic needs to be padlocked.
- Road Projects: Dunn County shaped the ends of 980th and 370th to prep for blacktop and plans to
feather out the blacktop at the intersection of 980th and 330th. The overlay patches on 350th will
be done by the County soon. Jeremy advised the board that he will need cold mix.
- Update from Plan Commission: Reviewed driveway permit for Lot 21 in Forest Ridge.
10.Building Permits: Presented Board with permits to review. No issues.
a. Clerk shared an email from the Dunn County Clerk (and was advised by twelve other
local Town Clerks in person) that she should be posting the minutes of the Clerk’s office
to the Town Website, and that she should also have access to post Agendas. Chairman
and Treasurer Hitz denied Clerk Bird access to post Board approved Minutes & Meeting
Agendas to the Town Website. Treasurer Hitz will continue to maintain the Town
Website, and Chairman Hitz said he would take this to the State level for their opinion.
12.Budget: include ditch spraying for noxious weeds to Maintenance Line on 2023 Budget.
13.Clerk presented vouchers and checks for approval and signatures. Motion to approve payables
by Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
14.Next regular meeting will be Monday, October 10th at 7pm.
15.Regular meeting was motioned to adjourn at 8:43 pm by Hoff, seconded by Hahn. Carried 3-0.
Dated this 8
th day of September 2022
Samantha Bird, Clerk