Town of Hay River
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
November 14, 2022
- Meeting called to order at 6:30p.m. and verified legally posted by Chairman Hitz. Board members in
attendance are Russ Hitz, Ned Hahn, Cindy Hoff.
- Minutes of the October meeting were approved my motion of Hahn, seconded Hoff. Carried 3-0.
- Treasurer’s report shows $24,009.25 in Checking, $61,817.45 in Special Funds, $38,575.29 in Money
Market, $123,008.41 in Tax Account, $11,236.73 in Machine & Equipment, and $20,891.21 in Solid
Waste for a grand total of $279,538.34. There are a total of 187 dogs licensed for 2022. The Disaster
Damage Aids check came for the storm damage caused to the culvert on 370th in the amount of
$4,652.87. Highway Aid funds are increasing for 2023 in the amount of $2,272.02 for a total of
$117,206.58. Treasurer is working with a state program called TRIP (Tax Refund Intercept Program)
which helps municipalities to collect money owed to them such as Personal Property and fire calls.
Motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report made by Hoff, seconded by Hahn. Carried 3-0.
- CSM Reviews & Approvals: Motion to approve Clark CSM by Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
- Equipment repairs, tools, purchases: Jeremy will change oil in the new truck, the plate for the wing
grader is in, bushings for the mower were purchased, and the new grapple is working great.
- Buildings & Grounds: Riser was installed for septic and Weyer pumped the tank.
- Road Projects: nothing to report.
- Update from Plan Commission: nothing to report.
- Reviewed building permits issued/inspection reports.
- Communication/Correspondence: Clerk shared information from the Drug Testing Program training,
advised Board to stay with current company as it is more cost effective, and the Patrolman is already in
- Comments from the public for discussion purposes only.
a. Resident Bob Retz inquired about the fire number for the Town Hall & was informed its located
on the corner of the building. He also asked about sharing Boyceville’s Dump Site information
in our newsletter-Russ said we will share their name & phone number, but we will not share
their fee schedule as it is subject to change at their discretion.
b. Russ shared a letter of non-compliance from WI DOR regarding assessments. Clerk shared that
the Statement of Assessment was completed by Assessor Todd Anderson following the
revaluation of the Town and the Board of Review meeting, and that Dunn County files that
report on our behalf. Clerk will verify the report has been filed and received.
- Approved Special Charges for delinquent Solid Waste fees by motion of Hahn, seconded by Hoff,
- Board approved increasing mileage reimbursement to align with Federal rate of 62.5 cents by motion
of Hoff, seconded by Hahn, carried 3-0.
- Motion to approve payables by motion of Hahn, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
- Motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:00 p.m. to begin the Budget Hearing made by Hahn, seconded by
Hoff, carried unanimously.
- Motion to reconvene Regular Meeting by Hitz, seconded by Hahn, carried unanimously.
- Discussed Solid Waste Newsletter-Chairman and Treasurer provided Clerk with their updates. Sue
shared that Solid Waste mirror tags and postcards are ordered.
- Next regular Board Meeting is December 12th at 7:00p.m.
- Set January Caucus date-moved to December meeting per statute requirements.
- Set January Special Meeting for Employee Performance Review (possible action on wages/benefits for
Town Employees)-moved to December meeting.
- Motion to adjourn Regular Meeting made by Hahn at 8:31pm, seconded by Hoff, carried 3-0.
Dated this 7
th day of December 2022
Samantha Bird, Clerk